Bellflower is a city located in southeast Los Angeles County, California. It was founded in 1906 and became incorporated on 1957. Bellflower is the 25th most densely populated city in the U.S and 8th most densely populated in the state of California. The economy of Bellflower is specialized in Transportation & Warehousing, Wholesale trade, and Admin., Support, Waste Management Services. The largest industries in Bellflower are Healthcare & Social Assistance, Manufacturing, and Retail trade, and the highest paying industries are Utilities, Mining, Quarrying, Oil, Gas Extraction, and Transportation & Warehousing.
There are a lot of interesting facts and fun things to do about and in the city of Bellflower. See the next section and check them all out. Furthermore, if you ever find yourself needing extra money while in Bellflower, make sure to visit Title Loans Bellflower or Title Loans Express and see what they can do for you!
Interesting Facts about Bellflower
- The city was founded by F.E. Woodruff in 1906 and originally named Somerset in 1909 when the post office was established. However, the Post Office Department rejected the name to prevent confusion with Somerset, Colorado.
- The present name is derived from the bellflower apple, which was grown in local orchards during the early 1900s.
- Originally settled by small communities of dairy farmers of Dutch, Japanese, and Portuguese descent.
- Bellflower and neighboring Paramount served first as the apple and later the milk production centers for Southern California.
- By the late 1950s, Bellflower was a principal shopping center for the surrounding region but in the 1960s and 1970s chose to remain focused on smaller businesses, which eventually affected the city’s revenue streams.
Places To Visit in Bellflower
Small gate-enclosed park geared toward young children with pirate-themed play structures & murals.
Information: 16559 Bellflower Blvd, Bellflower, CA 90706
Bellflower City Caruthers Park
Park offering athletic fields, tennis courts & a skate park, plus a playground & fitness equipment.
Information: 10500 Flora Vista St, Bellflower, CA 90706
Public park featuring a recreation center, picnic facilities, ball fields & a basketball court.
Information: 16614 Clark Ave, Bellflower, CA 90706
The Los Angeles County Fire Museum is a public museum dedicated to the history of the Los Angeles County Fire Department. It was located at 9834 Flora Vista St, Bellflower, California from 2008 to mid-2018 and since moved to 16400 Bellflower Blvd, Bellflower.
Information: 16400 Bellflower Blvd, Bellflower, CA 90706
Outdoor paintball & soft-pellet tag venue with sets built from movie remnants, a rock wall & more.
Information: 9030 Somerset Blvd, Bellflower, CA 90706